.NET 4.5 Support

Jul 30, 2014 at 6:31 AM
my project targets .NET 4.5 and I would love to use WinRTTriggers instead of MVVM Light to bind RoutedEvents to a command
but when installing the package via NuGet I get
Could not install package 'WinRTTriggers 1.6.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETFramework,Version=v4.5', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.
I there a way to (easily) fix this or is WinRTTriggers incompatible with .NET 4.5 for some reason?
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2014 at 10:23 AM
WinRTTriggers was originally designed to fill the gap in WinRT development that was left because Blend Behaviors weren't available. Because it has to work against the WinRT libraries, it's compiled specifically against WinRT, as opposed to .NET 4.5.

I assume that you're doing WPF development in .NET 4.5? If you are, you should already be able to do all things that WinRTTriggers does - the syntax will be slightly different, but will be fairly familiar. Check out some of the documentation for it here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn195741.aspx

Cheers,
Mike
Dec 18, 2014 at 6:55 AM
Hi Mike,

your assumption is correct - using blend behaviours works fine for me.
Thanks for the clarification!